Sunday, July 4, 2010

Experimenting

And so I enter the world of marshmallows. This is all part of the preparation and experimenting for the Hobart Fine Food Awards. They turned out well and I will experiment with flavourings and coulours over the next few weeks.


Melting Tank with marshmallow squares


Packaged marshmallows

At Cygnet Growers' and Makers' Market this week I've hit winter mode and discovered I'm very much a fruity-gel type. This week, however, is my Grace & Nikki week. They love fruit & nut and caramels so at the market we have:
Fruit & Nut Clusters
Hazelnut Praline
Applemead Truffles
Lymington Triple (triple chocolate ganache and blueberries)
Caramel Crunch
Rhubarb & Bluegum
I've made a full batch of honeycomb, so no chance of me running out this time and of course the launch of the marshmallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment