January, an interesting time of year for me.
It all started back in 1975, January 31st. I was born.
I arrived in Sydney 20 years ago today. A week later was my first day in an Australian school. I caught my first wave on a boogie board that afternoon and three years later, I started dating my husband (late January). I started my last job in Sydney, that I really enjoyed, in January & left in January, 5 years later. I left because I moved to Cygnet, yes, again, in January, on the 18th. I took over the lease of our shop in January last year. So here I find myself, 20 years after stepping off the plane, with two beautiful children, a lovely man on my arm & happy as can be.
Every year my mother asks me, 'are you glad you came?' This morning in my driveway, I messaged my sister with , 'are you glad you came?' From the time it took me to drive from my house to the post office, I got a message from hubby saying, "Kitty (mum) just rang to ask, 'are you glad you came?'" & in between I'd rung her to ask the same question & she told me how she had just rung my sister to ask her the same question & her reply was, "I was just thinking about that. 'Twas a momentous occasion. We left Ireland in -2 degrees and arrived in Sydney to 36 degrees. Am I glad I came?
Sunday, January 1, 2012
end of day one
1. give my daughter a new bed. Check. She's been sleeping on a fold out couch for about 6 months. Now she's in a purple paradise.
2. spend more time with the kids & less time at the shop. Spent all day at home today, first day in 3 weeks. Check. (At least until this weekend when we get hit with the Cygnet Folk Festival)
3. don't twitter while drinking. Check. Easy, I'll just blog instead & watch Rana take a few more wickets. You beauty. He's done it again
4. find out if Rana's married
5. if Rana is married, find out if Brett Geeves is. He's pretty funny.
6. remember I'm already married
7. and that my husband's a pretty nice guy
8. and the kids are just lovely too